Sunday, January 8, 2017

Fresh Beginning


Behold, I am blogging.

I'll put the exciting stuff first, and the reflection stuff last.  That way if you fall asleep half way through, you won't be missing much. :)

Today I did something new.  I posted a video on YouTube!  A video of MY FACE, guys (insert emoji guy with the blue forehead and melting face).  It was just the beginning-of-class announcements that I usually say out loud for each of my 3 periods, but now I only have to say it once and make better use of my voice and time.

Ok, fine.  Due to outtakes, I actually ended up saying it 14 times.  But it can only get better from here, right?*

Some goals I have for the month are to start a badging system for reading skills, and to set up my class on the free version of Canvas**.  This is, of course, in addition to my life goal of SOMEDAY GETTING CAUGHT UP WITH ALL OF MY GRADING.

Same as every Christmas break before, I am so incredibly happy to not have to work for two whole weeks.  Then on the last Thursday night, I'm like dying to be a productive human again.  That is, until Sunday night, when I beg the universe for a Christmas Break Do-Over.  I'm so hard to please.

I suppose I should give credit where it's due.  I actually have a private blog where I really air out all my dirty laundry, but AJ Juliani challenged teachers to start a blog and share it publicly.  So, here is my public, clean-laundry-only blog.  Please enjoy.

*No, really.  In one of my outtakes, I ended the video by saying, LET'S START THE YEAR WITH A BANG!  Then I died of shame.  It has to get better from here.

**If you use Canvas and have any lovely tips for me, please comment!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So excited about this and can't wait to read more! You are an inspiration to me, and I'm thankful to call you friend. No regrets!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to watch your blog grow! You are doing great things for your kiddos and should be proud of them and your work. I have a lot of thoughts on Canvas and I'd be happy to share them with you when you have time.

    ReplyDelete